|Glossary of terms|
Some of the contests were developed under "the AIT-MRI Collaborative Research on 3R project" , supported by the Ministry of Environment of Japan. http://www.rrrkh.ait.ac.th
1. Assessment Report : This data category contains report that evaluates or estimates the quality of something related to 3R.
2. Best Practices: This data category contains best practices related to 3R producing outstanding results in another situation and that could be adapted for our situation.A best practice is a technique or methodology that, through experience and research, has proven to reliably lead to a desired result. A commitment to using the best practices in any field is a commitment to using all the knowledge and technology at one's disposal to ensure success. The term is used frequently in the fields of health care, government administration, the education system, project management, hardware and software product development, and elsewhere.
3. Case Study: This data category contains detailed intensive studies related to 3R implementation, such as a corporation or a corporate division that stresses factors contributing to its success or failure. Case Study refers to the collection and presentation of detailed information about a particular participant or small group, frequently including the accounts of subjects themselves. A form of qualitative descriptive research, the case study looks intensely at an individual or small participant pool, drawing conclusions only about that participant or group and only in that specific context. Researchers do not focus on the discovery of a universal, generalizable truth, nor do they typically look for cause-effect relationships; instead, emphasis is placed on exploration and description.
4. Conference Proceedings: This data category contains official records of the things said or done at conferences or meetings related to 3R. This data category also contains compilation of papers presented at such conferences
5. Journal: This data category contains scholarly articles, papers related to 3R published in peer reviewed journals (we will be providing only the abstract due to copyright issues). Articles will be grouped by type of waste stream e.g. MSW, E-Waste, Construction & Debris waste, Plastic Waste etc.
6. Lessons Learnt: This data category contains observations related to 3R arising from Gateway reviews which highlight opportunities for improvements in project management practice.
7. Guidance Manuals/Guidelines: This data category contains handy books of facts, instructions etc. for use as a guide or reference for 3R policy or activities. Technical or best practice documents that provide more detailed information, examples
8. Periodical: This data category contains articles related to 3R published in commercial magazines, technical magazines and other newsletters etc.
9. Policy Briefs: This data category contains short, succinct statements on 3R policy and condensations or abstracts of larger documents or series of documents on 3R policy
10. Publications: This data category contains all books, brochures, pamphlets, articles in news papers etc. related to 3R
11. Technology Factsheet: This category of information contains short description of various waste related technologies (mainly 3Rs) following a specific template. Interested technology developers and distributors can fill the given template and send it to email@example.com for dissemination in the web portal
12. Training Materials: This category of information contains teaching materials (PowerPoint Presentations), Case Work, Videos, any supporting training software, and Quizzes/tests
13. Compendium of Expert Institutions: This category of information contains compilation of expert institutions in the waste management sector. These institutions will be organized on the basis of their expertise and services, and their location.